Fresh Maltese Aloe Vera Gel (Rare!)
This Aloe Vera was grown with love at Thrive Community Gardens in Nadur, Gozo! We have both fresh edible and topical aloe Vera available, the latter having a longer shelf life thanks to preserving vitamins C&E.
Aloe Vera is a popular medicinal plant that people have used for thousands of years:
- It contains healthful plant compounds, Aloe Vera may help treat skin injuries. The gel contains most of the beneficial bio active compounds in the plant, including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants.
- It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- It accelerates wound healing.
- It reduces dental plaque by using it as a mouth rinse.
- It helps treat canker sores and mouth ulcers.
- It reduces constipation.
- It may improve skin and prevent wrinkles and could help the skin retain moisture and improve skin integrity, which could benefit dry skin conditions, such as acne, psoriasis & eczema.
- It lowers blood sugar levels.
It is a rarity to find fresh edible Aloe Vera on the Island, and there is a limited amount.
We cannot claim this is an organic product as it is not certified, but we can say that it is grown naturally and without pesticides.
The jar contains 300ml. Keep in the fridge and consume the edible within 1 month, and the topical within 3 months.
This product comes in a recycled jar, and we encourage you to keep the cycle going by returning the jar clean on your next delivery. Thank you :)