Gomasio Sesame Seasoning (*)
What is Gomasio?
Gomasio seasoning comes from the combination of the Japanese words “goma” (sesame) and “sio” (salt) and is also known as “sesame salt” or “Eastern salt“. Thus the gomasio is a Japanese condiment made from unrefined sea salt and sesame seeds that brings a distinctive touch to our dishes and salads with a mild nutty flavor.
How to use Gomasio?
Gomasio is the perfect salt substitute for some dishes because it brings a nice flavor to our meals and reduces the amount of salt needed. The “Salt of the East” is used especially in salads and soups but can also bring a lot of flavor to main dishes like rice, pasta, vegetables or legumes. Gomasio is a natural flavour enhancer.
Gomasio Health Benefits:
Adding gomasio to our dishes, gives us all the properties and benefits of sesame seeds:
- Stimulates the digestive system and aids digestion as it helps to better assimilate the food we eat.
- Provides a lot of nutrients, minerals, B vitamins and iron to our body.
- Is high in calcium. Up to 10 times more calcium than milk.
- Has even more lecithin than soy, which helps keep cholesterol at bay and improve memory.
- By using gomasio, we need much less salt in our dishes and salads and so it helps to prevent diseases such as hypertension.
This product comes in a recycled jar, and we encourage you to keep the cycle going by returning the jar clean on your next delivery. Thank you :)
Each jar contains 150g of gomasio.
This product doesn't really go bad, it will just lose potency of flavour & properties over time.